Tuesday 13 December 2011

'G.I. Joe: Retaliation' Trailer: Five Key Scenes

Channing Tatum's days as Duke might be numbered in Jon Chu's sequel.By Josh Wigler Bruce Willis in "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" Photo: Paramount Pictures Either Jon Chu and I have a lot in common, or the "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" director was checking in on me during my formative years and caught me spending hours playing with my Joe toys. At least that's the impression I'm getting from the brand-new "G.I. Joe" trailer, which looks like it was lifted directly from my childhood and projected onto the big screen. (You could have said hi by the way, Jon!) Between fan-favorite character Roadblock (played by Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson) ripping enemies to shreds with an automatic heavy gun, Snake Eyes and Jinx repelling from a mountainside cleaving bad-guy ninjas along the way, and a perfectly delivered one-liner from Bruce Willis, it's safe to say that every square inch of the "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" trailer is filled with win. But in the midst of all that action, there are some hidden details you may have missed. To that end, here are five key scenes from the "G.I. Joe" trailer you'll want to pay attention to. Warning: Some potential spoilers ahead. Bye-Bye, Duke? Hey, there's Channing Tatum! Wait ... where'd he go? There are only a handful of Tatum appearances in the trailer, which comes as a bit of a shock, considering his lead role in the last "G.I. Joe" flick. Perhaps he's being downplayed to show off the Rock and an army of ninjas (totally cool by me), or perhaps his absence hints at a darker fate in store for Duke. Mouse Trap In other folks-who-are-likely-to-die news, there's a blink-and-you'll-miss-it appearance from Joseph Mazzello as Mouse near the top of the trailer: He's sitting right next to Flint (D.J. Cotrona) on the aircraft that's unknowingly leading the Joes to certain doom. Given that Mouse isn't a household name in the "Joe" community, as well as the absolute mayhem we see next, chances are very high that the "Jurassic Park" vet's days are numbered. Cobra Rises Very few will complain about the lack of "Rise of Cobra" carryover in the new "Retaliation" trailer, but if there's one thing all "Joe" fans can get behind, it's the return of President Zartan. His position at the top of the U.S. government was easily the most tantalizing cliffhanger in "Rise," and based on the Cobra banners draped over the side of the White House, "Retaliation" is following through on that potential in a very, very big way. Hail to the Chief Lest you think Zartan is the movie's big bad, even the President has someone to answer to. Like Mouse, Cobra Commander makes an incredibly brief appearance in the "Retaliation" trailer, sandwiched between Zartan and new baddie Firefly (Ray Stevenson) at the one-minute mark. He's sporting his classic metal face mask, easily the character's most popular look, and by all appearances, the commander has come a long way from Joseph Gordon-Levitt's winky goofball performance in "Rise." Now, if only we knew who was playing him this time around ... Kiss Those Lips Goodbye! Read my lips: Snake Eyes' rubber-masked ninja mouth is gone, gone, gone! Almost as offensive as nipples on the Batsuit, Snake's inexplicable on-costume mouth was a huge bone of contention for the "Joe" fanbase. Thankfully, we can kiss those lips goodbye and keep them firmly in the past where they belong. Also, even if Snake Eyes still looked mouthy, he slaughters an army of evil ninjas while running along a mountainside. That's so cool that even rubber lips would be mostly forgivable. Tell us what you thought of the new "G.I. Joe" trailer in the comments section! Check out everything we've got on "G.I. Joe: Retaliation." For breaking news, celebrity columns, humor and more — updated around the clock — visit MTVMoviesBlog.com. Related Photos "G.I. Joe"


'G.I. Joe: Retaliation' Trailer: Five Key Scenes video

Related News:-

  • G.I. Joe 2: Retaliation (2012) - News


  • G.I. Joe 2: Retaliation on IMDb: Movies, TV, Celebs, and more... ... 2011 | 2010. 1-20 of 453 items from 2011 « Prev | Next » The Dark Knight Rises Extra Dies on the New ...
  • Ray Stevenson (I) - News


  • Ray Stevenson (I) on IMDb: Movies, TV, Celebs, and more... ... 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007. 1-20 of 1019 items from 2011 « Prev | Next »

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...