Friday 9 December 2011

Ranveers multiple personality campaign for Ladies Vs Ricky Bahl dropped

Ranveer Singh is indeed in the midst of a serious identity crisis. The marketing plan was stupendously novel. Ranveer Singh who plays a multitude of characters in his new film Ladies v/s Ricky Bahl was to go out in different disguises in various parts of the country. But now plans for putting Ranveer into unrecognizable get-ups have been dropped because of the high level of stress the actor has suffered while playing these characters in the film. Says a source, "Ranveer threw himself into playing the title character Ricky Bahl and his various avatars to the point that he'd converse in the given accent with colleagues family and friends allotted to his character at any specific time during the shooting of his film. If after Band Baaja Baaraat he couldn't snap out of his Delhi character's accent and body language, after Ricky Bahl, Ranveer had his colleagues friends and family worried with his quixotic changes in accent and character. We would often ask, 'Ranveer, tu hai kahan?' It got really scary." Prudently, the actor has been advised to drop the multitude of characters from going any further. Says Ranveer, "Yes, I was planning to go out in various get-ups to different cities. But we've dropped those plans. Very frankly, this role has been nerve-wracking. And I need a break before I start another film." Apparently, Ranveer has been spending time alone in the nights trying to recuperate his creative energy and his talent. Confesses the actor, "Yes it's just me in my boxer shorts. That time with myself is mandatory now. I do need to break out of the spell. But I am grateful to Yash Raj for giving me two such contrasting roles one after the other. In Band Baaja Baaraat, I was a rough tough uncouth Delhi guy. In Ricky Bahl, I am a suave ladies' man who assumes a new identity for courting every woman. After my first film, everyone expected to be like my character in real life, so much so that they were shocked when they discovered me to be a regular Bandra/Mumbai guy. Now after the second film, I don't know which character I am expected to be. There are so many." Watch 'Ladies VS Ricky Bahl' promo:


Ranveers multiple personality campaign for Ladies Vs Ricky Bahl dropped video

Related News:-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...