Sunday 18 December 2011

I never have any expectations so I am never let down

Starting her Bollywood career with bold movies like Julie and Sheesha, Neha Dhupia floored us with her performances in films like Ek Chalis Ki Last Local, Mithya, Dasvidaniya, Raat Gayi Baat Gayi and Phas Gaye Re Obama. This beauty queen has acted in films of almost all genres right from thriller to comedy, action and drama and now she is back with her next rom-com Pappu Can't Dance Saala, which opens in theatres today. Bollywood Hungama's Divya Rajani talks to the gorgeous Neha Dhupia about her film Pappu Can't Dance Saala, her comrade with co-star Vinay Pathak, her upcoming films and lot more. Tell us more about your film Pappu Can't Dance Saala? Pappu Can't Dance Saala is the story of this Marathi mulgi Mehak Malavde and Vidyadhar Acharya, who is a pharmacist from Banaras. Mehak is a chorus dancer in Bollywood movies, who comes to Mumbai with her dreams and ambitions. They have both come to Mumbai to fulfill their dreams and the first and foremost struggle they have is to find an apartment to live in. They end up becoming neighbours and that's where the comedy of errors starts because they both hate each other. How did you prepare for the role of a background dancer? I started my preparations right from the time I was offered this part. I observed the background dancers of my films and stage shows very carefully, I saw the way they dressed, the way they moved and the way they behaved. I realized that they are all strong willed women, they know what they want, they are ambitious and wont take any nonsense from anyone. They are out there to make it happen and they do make it happen and they are amazing. Even when I was on sets, I would hang out a lot more with them. The girls who have been cast in the film as my friends are real background dancers, I would sit with them even after the shot was over and for me that was my biggest preparation. But most importantly I listen to my director because Saurabh is such an able writer, director and actor. What about the costumes and make up? My look in this film is very grunge. I kept my hair curly and coloured it red and wore a nose ring with lots of kohl in my eyes. The clothes are very basic, it is like a bunch of things put together, its not high fashion but its more relaxed and easy going. It is very different from any look I have sported before. Any particular look you really liked? Saurabh has introduced me beautifully in the film. My introduction shot has me as a background dancer in a school uniform, its one of those Kendra Vidyalaya kind of school uniforms, I am in a salwar kameez and a duppatta with pig tails. Its one of the coolest getup I have ever done on screen. In this film, you are working with the funniest people in the industry there might have been some funny instances Rajat (Kapoor), who is playing a choreographer in this film went for dance rehearsals before the film started and ended up breaking his leg during one of the rehearsals. It was funny as he shot the entire film with a broken leg and every time the shot had to be cut right above his ankle because it was in a cast. It was really funny when it would actually happen as he would move his arms and not move his legs and show us the shot. This is your fourth film with Vinay Pathak, what kind of rapport do you'll share? We share a great chemistry, we are such good friends. It is just so amazing to be with him and be around him, it was such a nourishing experience. This is the first time I have been romantically paired opposite Vinay so it is a different feeling but we have so much fun together. He is funnier on set than he is in person. You have become a regular with the Vinay Pathak-Rajat Kapoor-Ranvir Shorey camp… I do a film only if it has a great script and the reason I do films with them is because they have great scripts. I did Phas Gaye Re Obama, which was directed by Subhash Kapoor and he wasn't like a part of the gang but I am just so proud of the fact that they offer me great scripts and different characters. It keeps me going as I like scripts that get me thinking and make me work harder than I usually do so those are the things that nourish me a lot. Your last film Gandhi To Hitler didn't do well so what are your expectations with this film? I don't know, I never have any expectations so I am never let down. Whether a film does well or badly at the box office is not in my control. I never take credit for anything doing well and at the same time I don't beat myself up or go into state of mourning. But yes Pappu Can't Dance Saala is a film that is very dear to my heart and I hope that people enjoy watching it as much as I enjoy being a part of it. Which are your upcoming films? After this I have a film called Maximum with Sonu Sood and directed by Kabeer Kaushik, which should release in February next year. I also have a film called Raftaar with Emraan Hashmi and I Am 24 once again with Saurabh Shukla. Fast 5 Favourite Co-star - Vinay Pathak and Rajat Kapoor. Favourite Designer - It's a long list…Rohit and Rahul Gandhi, Shivan and Naresh, Ritu Kumar, Diane Von Furstenberg (DVF), Alice and Olivia...I can go on and on. Best Dressed Actor and Actress - Actor would be Shah Rukh and Ranbir Kapoor and actress would be Sonam and Deepika. Hottest Bollywood Actor - John Abraham, Akshay Kumar and Arjun Rampal. All time favourite movie - Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge.


I never have any expectations so I am never let down video

Related News:-

  • i have no expectations dot com


  • what’s the recipe for your necessities? greedy ingredients don’t mix well. too baked to bake. shake things up a little. don’t spill your words on my screen. clean up ...
  • I Eat Therefore I Am


  • So when The Age's Epicure, thy reputable culinary publication section, described Easy Tiger as below, I just had to go. Remember the first time you tried Thai food?
  • piccolo's hash


  • The people that do not pay taxes because they live off of tax money are griping again that the rich that do pay taxes are not paying enough taxes to give them a raise.
  • I Smell Therefore I Am


  • The recent 10 additions to Dior’s exclusive range have been met with lukewarm reviews at best. Each fragrance in Dior La Collection could easily be called “good” but what ...
  • iPhone 4S: I Am Disappoint


  • Straight up: I'm a little disappointed with the new iPhone 4S. I was hoping for more. My expectations were higher. I wanted something extra special, largely because I've been ...
  • Maxine - Near North Side - Chicago, IL


  • (312) 751-1511 · 712 N Rush St (between Huron St & Superior St) · "This is specifically for bridal/bridesmaid hair so not terribly useful, but we had such a wonderful ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...