Tuesday 6 December 2011

Geeta Basra rubbishes off marriage rumours & talks about Zilla Ghaziabad

That actress Geeta Basra is in a relationship with cricketer Harbhajan Singh is a given. But the engagement-marriage rumours are not only wrong, they are also infuriating to the actress who's trying to build a career for herself. Says Geeta indignantly, "He is a dear friend. Look, everyone in this industry has a personal life. I am not saying I am single or not single. Beyond that, whether we are getting married or not…I am not getting into all that. I am here to work really hard. And it hurts to hear my hard work being trivialized by such rumours. I've shot a terrific item song for Zilla Ghaziabad. Rumours of an engagement or marriage at this juncture would definitely harm my career. There is no shaadi on the anvil. Such talk will take my career ten steps backwards. I can't afford that. I've just regained lost ground. When producers hear such rumours they will obviously say, 'Isski to shaadi hone wali hai.' I've been hearing such talk for three years. How come I'm not married yet? I am young and I want to make my career. Such rumours do impact my career." Reacting sharply to the latest engagement, rumours Geeta says, "I've been getting updates about my private life in the papers. Now they're even drawing up a list of the guests. Let me set the record straight. He (Harbhajan Singh) is my very good friend. But we aren't getting engaged or married. My personal life is my personal life. No way am I going to use it to stay in the news." Refuting the January-engagement rumours, Geeta says, "I am not getting engaged. Maybe he (Harbhajan Singh) is. You've to ask him. Forget engagement or marriage, I am starting a new movie in January. Let January come, and the world will know. Why do I need to say anything? As per reports, Itni baar hamari breakup aur shaadi ho chuki hai. I feel there's no need to clarify anything." Shockingly, Geeta's last release was The Train in 2007. She admits she has waited long to sign a new film. "Three years is a very long time in the entertainment industry. But it was a conscious decision. I had so many offers. It was very hard to turn them down. You can't imagine the number of films I've turned down in the last three years including Golmaal Returns. Even the money was good. Everyone kept advising me, 'Geeta, you've to be seen'. But I knew what I wanted. I had to wait. And I had no godfather to guide me." All Geeta has done in three years is a music video with Rahet Fateh Ali Khan. "I'm also continued doing a lot of events. So I haven't been sitting idle." Geeta gets charged up at talking about her item song. "I love dancing. I always wanted to do an item song like Madhuri Dixit's 'Ek Do Teen'. In fact I came down from London to Mumbai because I was inspired by Madhuri. I wanted at least five days to rehearse. But there was no time. I had to virtually get ready in a day. Luckily my choreographer Remo is so calm. It's so difficult to perform an item song. I don't know how Madhuri made it look so effortless."


Geeta Basra rubbishes off marriage rumours & talks about Zilla Ghaziabad video

Related News:-

  • Fenil and Bollywood » kim sharma


  • The Bollywood sex kitten is now a married Kenyan hotelier. Meena Iyer | TNN (BOMBAY TIMES; January 18, 2011) Remember Kim Sharma? The model and Bollywood hottie known more for ...
  • Vivek Oberoi (I) - News


  • Vivek Oberoi (I) on IMDb: Movies, TV, Celebs, and more... ... 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2004. 1-20 of 187 items from 2011 « Prev | Next »

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...