Tuesday 29 November 2011

"Tukkaa Fitt boasts of great comic content"

For once Vaishali Desai seemed at ease. Finally, after the quiet wait for two years, she has grabbed her second outing titled Tukkaa Fitt. A small budget comic caper that will deliver her big results, she believes. For the past couple of years, she has been enjoying a rare anonymity but that afternoon when she walked in the Costa coffee house, all the heads turned to see the damsel in the dress that surely painted the ambience purple. Her skin as white as milk, her lips red as blood and her hair as dark as night, 'V' carried no vendetta, no vengeance but that face signifying victory. She's wearing black shades protecting her from that sun and those voyeuristic eyes looking from left right and centre from top to toe. Whatever it was, Vaishali Desai looked like a leading lady - porcelain skin, coal black eyes, a beguiling smile - one gets the sense that it is what is going on behind the face that counts. And as I talk to Desai over a hot cuppa Mocha, I start to ponder, for Vaishali believes that it's not the lines that she delivers that are important, it's what exists between them. The actress was wearing confidence on her sleeves because she wasn't running her hands through her hair or stuttering as she tried to express herself - all of the characteristic nervous tics she's often displayed in public since her debut film rocketed her into a frightening orbit of celebrity two years ago. Then I take my last sip from the white cup, stop my dictaphone and see the long legs walk through the glass door and all I was left with was the voice of one head strong woman who, despite being a two film old actress, believed in starting fresh and 'Fitt', and that ain't a 'Tukkaa'. "Tukkaa Fitt boasts of great comic content" I know it's been two years since my debut film released. I don't think it can be termed as a sabbatical. Certain things are meant to happen at a certain time I feel. I guess Tukkaa Fitt is what I was supposed to do. It's not about how much the budget of your movie is now-a-days, it's about the content and I can say that Tukkaa Fitt boasts of a good comic content thanks to Mahaakshay, Rajpal Yadav sir, Mahesh Manjrekar, etc. I chose this film because it's my first rom-com and I am not presented in a glamorous avatar that I was in my debut movie. "It may seem like a misfit but I am not. I am the only girl amongst thirteen guys in the film" I am the only girl amongst thirteen guys in Tukkaa Fitt. I am not a misfit (laughs). Every character in this film ventures out to achieve something in their life and everyone comes out achieving that. When a girl joins an all boy / men cast, the entire concentration falls on the female lead. Not that I am selfish but it's damn difficult to present yourself because you know that once the camera turns to you, you are exclusive and that's the USP of it. "There are lots of expectations from Mahaakshay after Haunted" Mahaakshay has already given a hit called Haunted and there are lots of expectations from him. The market has opened up to him. Yes, Tukkaa Fitt is a different genre for him too. With a hit under his belt plus the performance, it will decide whether Tukkaa Fitt is worth its weight in gold. So far everything is looking excellent and we are in our post production stage with a few songs to be shot. "I've always wanted to be a part of rom-coms because my grand uncle Manmohan Desai loved that genre" I've always wanted to be a part of rom-coms because my grand uncle Manmohan Desai did love that genre, like Parvarish, Amar Akbar Anthony, Naseeb, etc. They were filled with romance, comedy and drama. Tukkaa Fitt has got all that. "Tukkaa Fitt dialogues are very fresh and the humour is day-to-day types" Tukkaa Fitt isn't loud humour. The dialogues are very fresh and new. It's a comedy of errors and the language used is day-to-day types. It's a pleasant comparison but Tukkaa Fitt was mostly shot in Goa and so was Golmaal. Golmaal was a hit at the box office and I hope the same happens with our film. The characters too take it to another level. All the men are doing some insane and crazy comedy. "I am a director's actor and my director Shawn has done an amazing job filming Tukkaa Fitt by bringing in his years of experience" Shawn Arranha, my director has done an amazing job because if you see, every character, big or small, is for a reason and all have got equal footage. He is an experienced director and we all know that. I don't think Shawn has been biased. I am a director's actor and I don't question my director. He is very humorous as a person but at the same time he is very serious. He never cracks a joke while he is shooting the scenes but when a song starts he will crack up. All he says is 'got it'. But Shawn understood the importance of each actor. He gave me a day off when I wasn't feeling well. He would swap scenes with someone else that day. Shawn as a director understands why it's important to make sure the actors are fit for Tukkaa Fitt and never compromised when it came to health issues or personal problems. "I have more romantic scenes with Mahaakshay" My first film will always be close to me because it's my first and same with my co-star Jackky Bhagnani. It was my first film and he was my first co-star. Even with Mahaakshay. We hit it off quite well in the beginning. We had our script reading sessions, dinners, etc. We were just supposed to meet and chat to gel well. I had a great time shooting with him. We knew each other before we ventured on the sets thanks to our dinners and gatherings and reading sessions. But I have more romantic scenes with him than comedy. "Mithunda can't be compared to anyone" Mahaakshay is as romantic as Mithunda? (laughs) Mithunda can't be compared to anyone. He is amazing. That's a wrong question to ask as to who is more romantic. But now that you have asked, let me tell you that I have only romanced Mahaakshay on screen (laughs). Mithunda still remains a mystery (laughs). "Mahaakshay being a prankster didn't play any pranks on me off or on the sets" Mahaakshay is a big prankster and that's what I had heard before I met him but luckily no one played a prank on me off or on the sets. He didn't do anything nor did any other cast members. We just had fun on the sets and because it's a comedy we all anyway had our share of laughs every day.


"Tukkaa Fitt boasts of great comic content" video

Related News:-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...